At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart, supporting our clients to identify their sustainability challenges, dream big and continuously improve to maximize their positive impact on people and planet.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 20+ talents across 3 country offices and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. At Nexio Projects, we get things done from day one. We are hardworking and continuous learners.
Our company’s success is based on transparency, diversity, boldness and a true focus on social impact. As a relatively young team, we operate in an inclusive way, where everyone has a say and everyone’s ideas are heard. This horizontal structure is one of our main strengths as it promotes an environment in which everyone’s potential can be reached and shared. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things seriously without taking themselves too seriously and are committed to transform companies and the world for the better.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Then read on to learn more about the Sales Lead role.
The Sales Team is the pillar of Nexio Projects that facilitates the transition from the marketing lead funnel to the operational teams at Nexio Projects. Our sales leads and customer success managers are responsible to generate and follow-up leads built through the Nexio Projects network as well as their own network.
As a Sales Lead, you will directly report to — and work closely with — the CEO who manages the commercial team and operational teams. You will develop and investigate what the best sales funnels are with regards to your experience and approach client in diverse industries, markets and countries across the globe.
As Nexio Projects is moving from a startup to scaleup phase, the Sales Team is growing and evolving rapidly. This role will therefore be fast-paced and challenging but will come with a lot of excitement and provide enormous potential for growth and learning.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Be in the lead of the Nexio Projects international sales;
- Be located in at our headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands;
- Do market research for relevant industries;
- Approach and visit potential clients proactively (currently all digital);
- Advise clients about their sustainability strategy;
- Visit sustainability events, such as fairs;
- Learn a lot about sustainability in practice;
- Be part of the Sales team of Nexio;
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products;
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- You have at least 1 to 3 years of work experience in sales or as a sales manager;
- Proficiency in Dutch and English – French is a key advantage;
- A sales closer and knowledge about the B2B market;
- Passionate about sales, cold calling & sustainability;
- Good understanding of sustainability (not essential, but a big plus);
- Experience in customer relationship management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Dedication to providing great customer service;
- Able to work independently;
- Flexible work attitude and able to prioritize working across various time zones;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule;
- You are a well-organized person who can prioritize tasks well and have strong time management skills;
- You thrive in diverse and intrapreneurial environments where initiative-taking is rewarded;
- You do not only want to work on sustainability topics but also practice what you preach through a sustainable lifestyle.
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment;
- A fair fixed salary based with a performance-based bonus scheme ;
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity is key;
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects;
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in areas of sustainability and climate change that interest you most;
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week;
- A fun, friendly, and social environment, with:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work;
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week, and get to know each other on a more personal level;
- A startup office environment.
- Location: Rotterdam;
- Job type: full-time contract with a fixed salary and a bonus scheme attached to your contract;
- Optimal start date: 15 January 2021;
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (50/50 work from the office, work-from-home policy). We take every precaution necessary to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines.
If you are interested in the role, please attach a CV and a brief covering letter on our website application form, telling us why you’d like to support our Sales Team and what you are looking to get out of the experience. Beyond your professional and academic background, we are interested in all the dimensions of your personal development journey, so feel free to share more about your ikigai.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world.
Please consider the environment before printing this application.