CLIMATE CHANGE ANALYST TRAINEE
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementers at heart, supporting our clients to identify their sustainability challenges, dream big and continuously improve to maximize their positive impact on people and planet.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 20+ talents across 3 country offices and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. At Nexio Projects, we get things done from day one. We are hardworking and continuous learners.
Our company’s success is based on transparency, diversity, boldness and a true focus on social impact. As a relatively young team, we operate in an inclusive way, where everyone has a say and everyone’s ideas are heard. This horizontal structure is one of our main strengths as it promotes an environment in which everyone’s potential can be reached and shared. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things seriously without taking themselves too seriously and are committed to transform companies and the world for the better.
Does this describe you and your next role?
The Climate Team is responsible for developing impactful Corporate Climate Strategies for clients in a wide range of industries. As a Climate Change Analyst Trainee, you will report to the Manager of the Climate Team within Nexio Projects who manages several climate-related projects for various clients. You will work closely with clients to carry out carbon footprint assessments in an accurate and credible way. You will develop and investigate specific insights that will be critical for clients to find ways to reduce their carbon footprints and work towards becoming carbon neutral, and in doing so, you will play a crucial role in helping to tackle one of the biggest problems facing the planet.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Facilitating and streamlining the collection of data from clients;
- Taking a hands-on approach with collecting data by contacting all required stakeholders directly;
- Sourcing appropriate and accurate emissions factors from internal and external databases;
- Using software and calculation models (MS PowerBI, Excel, etc.) to transform client data into greenhouse gas emissions;
- Creating insightful data visualisations for client reports;
- Writing reports and presentations and helping to present these to clients;
- Continuously helping to develop and improve internal calculation models and processes;
- Developing estimation models where data is not available using research and accurate assumptions;
- Assisting with other climate-related projects (emissions reduction strategies, climate risk assessments, setting Science-Based Targets, etc.).
- Passionate about climate change, climate strategies and greenhouse gas emissions;
- Good understanding of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol standard and carbon footprinting in general (not essential, but a big plus);
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel (MS PowerBI is a plus);
- Able to perform rigorous research and data analysis;
- • BA, BSc ,, License, HBO or WO in Sustainability, Environmental Studies or in other technical fields. Master’s degree a plus;
- Flexible work attitude and able to prioritize working across various projects happening at the same time;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills a big plus (MS Powerpoint), written and verbal (English, Dutch is a plus);
- You have a least 1-year work experience or 6 months internship experience in a firm where sustainability was one of the topics you covered;
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule;
- You are a well-organized person who can prioritize tasks well and have strong time management skills;
- You thrive in diverse and intrapreneurial environments where initiative taking is rewarded;
- You do not only want to work on sustainability topics but also practice what you preach through a sustainable lifestyle.
- · A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment;
- A fair traineeship salary;
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity is key;
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects;
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in areas of climate change that interest you most;
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week;
- A fun, friendly, and social environment, with:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work;
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week, and get to know each other on a more personal level;
- A startup office environment.
- Location: Rotterdam;
- Job type: 6 months traineeship, with possibility to extend as a full-time contract;
- Optimal start date: February 1, 2021;
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (50/50 work from office, work from home policy), more flexible working scheme once you reach full-time employment. Note: We take every precaution necessary to minimize risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines. Accordingly, at times you will be required to work from home for extended periods of time.
If you are interested in the role, please attach a CV and a brief covering letter telling us why you’d like to support our Climate Team and what you are looking to get out of the experience. Beyond your professional and academic background, we are interested in all the dimensions of your personal development journey, so feel free to share more about your ikigai .
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world.