🌱 We are an equal-opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world. 🌱
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 40+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking, and continuous learners.
Everyone’s voice can be heard and promoting an environment where maximum potential can be reached is at our core. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things without taking themselves too seriously.
We are a B Corp company since 2019 and a Platinium EcoVadis strategic training partner.
Your Typical Week
It’s Monday morning, and you’re returning to the office refreshed from a great weekend. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness, and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organisation’s growth.
As a Senior Consultant in our Rotterdam Office, you will have an active role in every aspect organisation.
You will have an active role in diagnosing and evaluating a company’s sustainability efforts and implementing sustainable changes within their organization. You will develop and put into practice your understanding of sustainability’s key pillars (environment, ethics, labor and sustainable procurement), assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…).
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person committed to helping businesses become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the role.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 5+ year of work experience ideally in a consultancy environment
- Growth mindset with strong experience and interest in scaling service offerings and solutions.
- Fluent in French & English
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in business/management studies and sustainability
- Advanced project management skills
- Work on sustainability gap analyses of our clients and developing roadmaps to improvement
- Conduct research on specific sustainability topics and having a creative approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and other software tools
- Strong presentation skills and bale to deliver engaging, clear and structured content to wider audiences in consultancy context
- Proactive communicator with strong interpersonal skills – making complex ideas accessible and editing others’ writing to ensure clarity
- Manage customer relations and provide excellent customer support
- Do-er attitude, impact-driven and a strong multitasking skills
- Previous Team Management experience
What You Deliver:
- Leading projects in all domains of ESG rating mechanisms, reporting and strategy – in the English and French language
- Keep track of and supports the workload and tasks of the team within all expectations
- Leading task-forces and showcasing innovative thinking & implementation of new steams of Nexio Projects
- Instigate input and review from peers and expert
- Perform Quality Control of team members when being the Project owner
- Proactively resolves routine issues with established precedents
- Generates innovative and creative solutions both on projects work and research
- Apply organised project standards to non-billable work
- Deliver clear and professional communication within Nexio Projects and with clients – verbal, written and through presentations
- Showcasing best practice in engaging and build relationships with clients
Three good reasons to join us:
A good business environment:
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment, where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part).
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialise in crucial sustainability topics that interest you most.
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 40% of the time – if desired, with work-from-home equipment.
A good set of benefits:
- Transportation allowance, if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work.
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- Pension Plan.
A good culture:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work.
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week and get to know each other more personally.
- Quarterly team events.
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week.
- Volunteering opportunities on Earth day.
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (60/40 work from office, work from home policy).
- Optimal start date: October 2023.
- Application deadline: Please, submit your application as soon as possible.