Hi, We’re Nexio Projects
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 20+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam and have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking and continuous learners.
As a Climate Change Intern in our Rotterdam Office, you will work closely with clients to determine where they stand regarding climate change, what their ambitions are, what their major risks and opportunities are, and develop meaningful climate change strategies and present detailed and professional reports to clients.
Through your work, you will have an opportunity to showcase your consulting skills and engage with large corporations and SMEs regarding climate change. As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will provide you with the tools and teachings to allow you to grow as an expert on corporate climate change strategies. You will, however, also be required to expand your climate change-related knowledge and expertise independently and continuously.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Facilitating and streamlining the collection of data from clients;
- Taking a hands-on approach with collecting data by contacting all required stakeholders directly;
- Sourcing appropriate and accurate emissions factors from internal and external databases;
- Using software and calculation models (MS PowerBI, Excel, etc.) to transform client data into greenhouse gas emissions;
- Creating insightful data visualisations for client reports;
- Writing reports and presentations and helping to present these to clients;
- Continuously helping to develop and improve internal calculation models and processes;
- Developing estimation models where data is not available using research and accurate assumptions;
- Assisting with other climate-related projects (emissions reduction strategies, climate risk assessments, setting Science-Based Targets, etc.).
- You are passionate about climate change, climate strategies and reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- You have good understanding of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol standard and carbon footprinting in general;
- You are excited by the idea of working in a dynamic and high-growth startup environment;
- You are fuelled by optimism and enthusiasm;
- You have deep interest in and thorough understanding of climate change, especially in a corporate context;
- You have strong communication and presentation skills: write clear emails and reports, make complex ideas accessible, and edit others’ writing to ensure clarity;
- You are motivated to put your analytical skills to work towards the Nexio Projects mission of building a more sustainable future;
- You are a well-organised person who can prioritise tasks and have strong time management skills;
- You are a team player who works quickly and independently;
- You are a doer who is impact-driven and a strong multitasker;
- You are able to perform rigorous research and data analysis;
- Flexible work attitude and able to prioritise working across various projects happening at the same time;
- You are very proficient in Excel;
- You hold a BA, BSc,, Licence, HBO or WO in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering or in other technical fields. Master’s degree a plus;
- You have a least 1-year work experience or 6 months internship experience in a firm where sustainability was one of the topics you covered;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch – French or any additional European language is a key advantage;
- Your scope of interest in sustainability goes beyond work and is also part of your lifestyle.