🌱 We are an equal-opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world. 🌱
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 30+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking, and continuous learners.
Everyone’s voice can be heard, and promoting an environment where maximum potential can be reached is at our core. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things seriously without taking themselves too seriously.
Your typical week
It’s Monday morning, and you’re returning to the office refreshed from a great weekend. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness, and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organisation’s growth.
During the week, you can expect a combination of client-facing and managerial tasks. You are responsible for coordinating client projects from beginning to end while guiding a young and growing team of enthusiastic analysts and consultants to support you along the way. Every week is different, however. You will also be involved in other activities such as hosting webinars, working with Universities, writing and publishing articles, hosting internal lunch and learn sessions, and helping to land new clients—all of this with a strong emphasis on the good work-life balance, of course.
The week closes off on Friday at 5 p.m. with our gratitude award. This is the time to reflect on the successes and challenges of the week and, most importantly, to share what we’re grateful for. After this, our team is always keen to stay longer and enjoy some precious bonding time over beer, wine, and ginger beer – on the house.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person committed to helping businesses become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the role.
As a Sustainability Consultant in our Rotterdam Office, you will have an active role in diagnosing and evaluating a company’s sustainability efforts and implementing sustainable changes within their organisation. Through your work, you will have an opportunity to showcase your consulting skills, engage with large corporations and SMEs in completing sustainability certificates and ratings, and set up their sustainability management system and reporting processes. As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will provide you with the tools and teachings to allow you to grow as a sustainability leader.
Skills and Experience
- Growth mindset with solid experience and interest in scaling service offerings and solutions.
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in business/management studies and sustainability.
- ESG Ratings and certifications experience (including EcoVadis, BCorp, MSCI, and Sustainabylitcs).
- ESG Reporting standards (including UNGC, GRI, and IIRC) are a crucial advantage.
- Project management experience.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive communicator with strong interpersonal skills – making complex ideas accessible and editing others’ writing to ensure clarity.
- Strong problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset.
- A strong ability to multi-task, a friendly demeanour, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and other software tools.
- 2-3 years of work experience in a firm where sustainability was one of the topics you covered.
- Fluency in English – Dutch, French or any additional European language is a crucial advantage.
What You Deliver
- Support clients with their corporate sustainability rating and reporting efforts and optimise their sustainability management system.
- Update clients’ sustainability policies, procedures and reports.
- Work on sustainability gap analyses of our clients and developing roadmaps to improvement; Engage with various assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…).
- Identify the actions and measures our clients need to embed sustainability into their DNA.
- Conduct research on specific sustainability topics and have a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Write, analyse, format, and summarise information, graphs, presentations, and reports.
- Manage customer relations and provide excellent customer support.
- Observe team members and find ways to work effectively and harmoniously within your project scope.
- Have a critical eye towards our current services to promote innovation and a forward-looking mindset.
- Demonstrate Nexio Projects’ values and ethics and act as a strong Nexio Projects ambassador.
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment.
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part);
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 50% of the time – if desired.
- Work-from-home equipment.
- Transportation allowance, if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work.
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- Pension Plan.
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialise in crucial sustainability topics that interest you most.
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week.
- A fun, friendly start-up environment with:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work.
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week and get to know each other more personally.
- Quarterly team events.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Location: Rotterdam
- Job type: Full-time
- Optimal start date: April 2023
- Application deadline: Please, submit your application as soon as possible.
- Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (60/40 work from office, work from home policy). We take every precaution necessary to minimise the risk of COVID-19 infection among employees and adhere to all RIVM guidelines.