🌱 We are an equal-opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world. 🌱
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 40+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking, and continuous learners.
Everyone’s voice can be heard and promoting an environment where maximum potential can be reached is at our core. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things without taking themselves too seriously.
We are a B Corp company since 2019 and a Platinium EcoVadis strategic training partner.
Your typical week
It’s Monday morning, and you’re returning to the office refreshed from a great weekend. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness, and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organisation’s growth.
During the week, you can expect a combination of client-facing tasks and research missions. The week closes off on Friday at 5 pm with our gratitude award. This is the time to reflect on the successes and challenges of the week and, most importantly, to share what we’re grateful for. After this, our team is always keen to stay longer and enjoy some precious bonding time over on-the-house beer, wine, and other refreshments.
As a Climate Consultant, you will manage different projects related to carbon management, such as Carbon Footprint for both corporations and products, decarbonization strategy, activity data management, tool development, science-based target and disclosure/reporting activities. Provide administrative support, greet and direct visitors, answer and respond to phone calls, and emails and communicate day-to-day with field staff.
In addition, you will support the team lead and seniors in revamping, revising and enhancing internal processes through its thematic pillars.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person committed to helping businesses become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the role.
Skills and experience:
- 3 years of experience (At least 2 year of climate project management)
- Passionate about solving climate change challenges, climate strategies and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- University degree, ideally a Master’s – in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering or in other technical fields.
- Trained in ISO 14064 is a plus
- Excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software, with advanced skills in Excel and similar e.g., PowerBi or python (specifically for data analysis and creation of case specific tools)
What You Deliver:
- A hands-on approach to collecting data by contacting all required stakeholders directly.
- Shows proactivity in project work by sharing ideas with the project manager or actively thinking through solutions.
- Source appropriate and accurate emissions factors from internal and external databases.
- Use software and calculation models (MS PowerBI, Excel, etc.) to transform client data into greenhouse gas emissions.
- Contributes to direct or indirect client communications – verbally or written.
- Create insightful data visualisations for client reports; Write reports and presentations and help to present these to clients.
- Actively involved in research projects and able to bridge academic with practical knowledge
- Actively supporting the work of the wider team
- Experience with Climate and/or Energy related data including:
- GHG emissions – Particularly GHG protocol
- Energy management systems
- Experience with energy intensive industries such as manufacturing and assembly lines
Three good reasons to join us:
A good business environment:
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment, where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part).
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialise in crucial sustainability topics that interest you most.
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 40% of the time – if desired, with work-from-home equipment.
A good set of benefits:
- Transportation allowance, if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work.
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- Pension Plan.
A good culture:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work.
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week and get to know each other more personally.
- Quarterly team events.
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week.
- Volunteering opportunities on Earth day.
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (60/40 work from office, work from home policy).
- Optimal start date: January 2024
- Application deadline: Please, submit your application as soon as possible.