🌱 We are an equal-opportunity employer and embrace the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the recruitment process. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission to shape a more sustainable world. 🌱
Hi, We’re Nexio Projects
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
As a dynamic team, we form a motivated group of 40+ co-workers headquartered in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We have cultivated a unique team spirit that is both impact-driven and purpose-oriented. We are humble, hardworking, and continuous learners.
Everyone’s voice can be heard and promoting an environment where maximum potential can be reached is at our core. Because of this, we continuously look for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who can do things without taking themselves too seriously.
We are a B Corp company since 2019 and a Platinium EcoVadis strategic training partner.
The CFOO is responsible for overseeing Nexio Projects’ business operations (consulting teams), data management, financial operations, strategy, and investments. In this role, the CFOO oversees operations ensuring that efficient business processes are developed and implemented with a commitment to optimizing consultant efficiency and customer service. As a result, an important responsibility of this role is leadership of the climate and sustainability advisory teams and the scaling and delivery of our services.
The CFOO also creates, evaluates, and implements financial and budget strategies to help Nexio Projects achieve their goals, often partnering with different internal and external constituents, including the CEO, CSO, CHRO, Consulting Leads and the externalised accounting team. The CFOO serves as the controller for the organisation, directing accounting staff, developing sound internal controls, ensuring that proper policies and procedures are in place, and guiding staff members in the areas of bookkeeping, accounting, taxes, financial reporting, and compliance.
In addition, the CFOO will support the management team and co-shareholder Torqx Capital Partners in evaluating potential acquisitions, (financial) due diligence, and the integration of acquisitions. Reporting to the CEO, the CFOO serves on the Nexio Projects Management Team, participating in the monthly and quarterly shareholder meetings reporting to the board.
Your Typical Week
It’s Monday morning, and you’re returning to the office refreshed from a great weekend. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness, and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organisation’s growth.
As a key decision-maker in the organisation, you will lead our climate & sustainability advisory consulting teams and oversee our financial strategy and operations. You will have an active role in shaping and steering the operational goals & KPIs, while supporting our team leads. The week ends with our Friday Gratitude Award, where we share drinks and close the week with celebrations.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person committed to helping businesses become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the role
Your Skills and Experience:
- Strong consultancy experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a senior management role.
- Financial reporting and modelling experience, accounting and data analysis skills
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to drive business growth and innovation.
- Demonstrated success in improving operations and implementing process improvement systems.
- Passionate about sustainability and committed to making a positive impact.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills in English, fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Experience supervising staff and working with teams (10+ people).
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, MBA (or related economics/business field)
- Dutch speaker
- Ideally proven track record as a CFO or COO, ideally within sustainability, consulting, professional services or related industries
- Experience in M&A
- CPA or CFA certified
What You Deliver:
- Work collaboratively with the Management and Senior Team to accomplish Nexio Project’s strategic goals in support of the organisation’s mission and strategic plan.
- Develop and execute long-term strategies defined by/with the CSO, identifying growth opportunities and navigating the consulting teams through industry challenges.
- Lead the Finance and Consulting Teams responsible for providing financial, business operations and project delivery.
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative work environment, nurturing a team passionate about making a difference.
- Contribute to executive decision-making together with the CEO, CSO & CHRO.
- Collaborate with CEO and CSO with monthly and quarterly reporting needs
50% Business Operations
- Design and implement business systems that promote Nexio Project’s efficient operations, from planning to delivery and deliver on our strategic plan.
- Oversee the consulting teams, ensuring project delivery targets are met and integrating key learnings to improve processes
- Oversee team of freelancers – strategy and process
- Oversee the PMO (Project Management Officer) and the central planning and staffing of projects, including communicating capacity and revenue forecast with sales team.
- Oversee daily financial and advancement services operations, ensuring that services are meeting operating needs and targets
30% Finance, accounting and Investment
- Lead and oversee accounting and finance functions, including managing financial risks, planning, budgeting, forecasting, compliance, record-keeping, reporting, tax reporting requirements, and business analysis.
- Develop and oversee policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Oversee and direct Nexio Projects budgets across teams
- Support the commercial team in service pricing strategy
- Provide strategic and creative financial solutions to complex projects.
- Work with accountants, auditors, business consultants and attorneys.
Dependent on the M&A developments you will support the management team and co-shareholder Torqx Capital Partners in evaluating potential acquisitions, (financial) due diligence, and the integration of acquisitions.
Three good reasons to join us:
A good business environment:
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment, where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key.
- A Private-equity backed organisation with strong growth ambitions, both organically and through M&A activities
- Constant learning opportunities that enable you to grow and apply your knowledge on a variety of projects, with a training allowance per year (time and costs covered in part).
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 40% of the time – if desired, with work-from-home equipment.
A good set of benefits:
- Transportation allowance, if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work.
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services).
- A free Swapfiets subscription.
- Pension Plan.
A good culture:
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work.
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week and get to know each other more personally.
- Quarterly team events.
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week.
- Volunteering opportunities on Earth day.
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Other: Presence required in the Rotterdam office (60/40 work from office, work from home policy).
- Optimal start date: October 2023.
- Application deadline: Please, submit your application as soon as possible.